Like you, we prefer to keep things simple. In website design we go easy on graphics, preferring plain text as it is faster to download, easier to maintain… and of course, the all important search engines can read it. We will respond to your existing marketing materials, not impose our own preferences. We will not try to sell you a “new look” or logo, or use fonts that are outside your existing type faces… you have worked hard to establish that identity and we will not dilute it. We will ask you about your customers. Who they are? How old. What sex. What queries they have on the phone. We will strive to give you a design that meets these customer’s needs, rather than those of casual site visitors who are never going to buy your product.
We don’t do bogus link pages or link trades that offer no value to your customers. We don’t do splash pages that require an “enter” click to get into the site proper, we don’t frame other people’s web content, we don’t do automated pop ups, we don’t open separate browser windows, we don’t do Flash (not supported by Apple)… in other words, we don’t do things to your site visitors that we hate having done to us.
- We get together and have an initial meeting. This is the time to tell me what your product or service is all about and what you hope to achieve with a website. I ask you what you consider is special about your product or business and what extra or exceptional things I need to be aware of (e.g. trademark issues). We also discuss inputs: text, photos, logos… all the elements that will go into to making your site. We decide who will provide which inputs. Sometimes I take the photos for your site, or write the text or create logos*.
- I email you a quote. The quote details what we discussed at the initial meeting and confirms a price for you to budget on.
- If you wish to proceed I ask you for a 50% deposit.
- After I receive your deposit and inputs, I register your preferred domain name, delegate it to our servers and set up WordPress, the content management system we recommend.
- Using text and pictures supplied by you, we create new pages and any special functions like forms, image galleries and social networking integration.
- For design, sometimes people choose an off-the-shelf WordPress theme or we supply one of ours.
- Once the site is complete I ask for your review and some of the finer points are ironed out.
- We do phone training with you and any other staff member
- The invoice. 15 day payment terms
* Photos and text written by Dynamic Web Solutions Pty Ltd are copyright to Dynamic Web Solutions Pty Ltd. Down the track, if changes are required or if new sections or information are added to your site, these edits are charged at $75 per hour including GST. After about 3 months, we turn our attention to search engine marketing and linking building. This service is complex and is quoted separately. If you are looking for a web design company that will work with you on creating and extending your web presence, then please call 02 6699 3800 to discuss your web project. See our excellent customer testimonies.